ASESCUVE (Asociación Española de Cubiertas Verdes y Ajardinamientos Verticales)
History of the association.
ASESCUVE was set up in 2010 with the purpose of becoming the meeting point for the professionals who work to develop green roofs and vertical landscaping in Spain. Among the members of the Association, there are green roof and vertical landscaping installation companies, enterprises manufacturing materials for this type of construction, architects, landscapists, institutions, and universities.
Vision and Mission Statement of the association.
ASESCUVE (Spanish Association of Green Roofs and Vertical Landscaping) has the following objectives:
Its mission is the promotion of green roofs and facades in buildings, seeking to improve the environment in urban settings and sustainability in construction.
Its VISION involves carrying out the following objectives:
- Promote green roofs and facades in buildings and the improvement of the environment in urban settings and sustainability in construction.
- Ensure the reliability and safety of the construction systems of green roofs and façades
- Ensure correct compliance with the regulations on green roofs and facades published by associations and other international organizations
- Promote relations between companies and universities to carry out studies on green roofs and facades and their knowledge transfer to private companies
- Promote the training of specialists in green roofs and facades
- Make public institutions aware of the advantages of promoting and developing sustainable buildings with green roofs and façades
- Periodic on-site and online training for professionals in the installation of green roofs and vertical landscaping.
- Sector representations in front of the public institutions in technical committees, conferences, and training related to the green sector and the cities’ naturalisation.
- Production of a list of topics and provision of lessons for students of professional training and postgraduate studies specific to the sector.
- Collaboration with universities and research centres in national and European projects related to the development of roofs and vertical landscaping.
- Annual edition of a publication focused exclusively on the promotion of these constructions in our country.