The six category winners of the inaugural AIPH World Green City Awards were selected by the jury and announced at a gala dinner on the 14th October 2022 as part of the IUCN‘s Leaders Form in the Special-Self-Governing Province of Jeju, South Korea.
The category winners were:
- Living Green for Biodiversity: Reverdecer Bogotá, Bogotá D.C, Colombia
- Living Green for Climate Change: Mexico City’s Environmental and Climate Change Program, Mexico City, Mexico
- Living Green for Health and Wellbeing: Transforming degraded land into Urban Micro Parks, City of Fortaleza, Brazil
- Living Green for Water: The Phytotechnology Stations at the Montréal Botanical Garden / Space for Life, City of Montréal, Canada
- Living Green for Social Cohesion: OASIS Schoolyard Project, City of Paris, France
- Living Green for Economic Recovery and Inclusive Growth: Green Garland to the State of Telangana, City of Hyderabad, India
Of these six, one entry was selected as Grand Winner of the AIPH World Green City Awards 2022. The jury was asked ‘which entry do you feel may have the biggest transformational impact?’. The Grand Winner Award was presented to The City of Hyderabad, India.
Follow the links below to read the full case studies for each of the winners.