After two successful editions, WGIN’s European Green Infrastructure Day (#EGIDay) will be back on 27 April 2023 for another day full of insightful discussions about green roofs and walls and how EU policies can support their uptake across Europe.
#EGIDay23 will gather EU policymakers, green roof industry leaders, experts and NGOs to discuss how to tap into the multiple benefits of green infrastructure for Europe’s climate and energy transition.
View the full agenda here.
*Registration & attendance is FREE.
Session I – 10:00-11:00 CET
Green, efficient and solar-powered: key features of a sustainable building stock
Session II – 11:15 – 12:15 CET
Greening urban spaces to help restore nature in Europe
Session III – 14:00 – 15:00 CET
Permeable cities for better water management, resilience and climate adaptation
Session IV – 15:15 – 16:15 CET
One possible future of European cities: green, more beautiful and inclusive
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ciaran Cuffe MEP, Rapporteur on the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive recast
- Jutta Paulus MEP, Shadow Rapporteur on Nature Restoration Law
- Margrete Auken MEP, Shadow Rapporteur on UWWTD Recast, ENVI Committee Member
- Naomi Chevillard, Head of Regulatory Affairs, Solar Power Europe
- Bettina Doeser, Head of Unit, Natural Capital & Ecosystems Health, DG ENV, European Commission
- Florian Becker, Project Coordinator – Environment, Eurocities
- Michel Sponar, Deputy Head of Unit, Marine Environment & Clean Water Services, DG ENV, European Commission
- Johan Ringeling, Business Strategist and Innovation Manager, Interpolis
- Sian Hughes, Sustainable Leadership Advisor
- Daniela Rizzi, Senior Officer for Nature-Based Solutions and Biodiversity, ICLEI Europe
- Eleni Myrivili, Global Chief Heat Officer, UN-Habitat & Arsht-Rock Resilience Center; Chief Resilience Officer, City of Athens / Former elected Deputy Mayor
- Antonios Sfakiotakis, Senior Specialist, Permanent Representation of Finland to the EU
- Dusty Gedge, Urban Biodiversity Professional, European Federation for Green Roofs & Walls
- Mariangiola Fabbri, Head of Research, Buildings Performance Institute Europe
- Herbert Dreiseitl, Urban Designer, Landscape Architect, Artist
- Sergio Rocha, Executive Director, Instituto Cidade Jardim
- Adrian Michel, Head of Product Management System Engineering Roofing, Sika
- Toni Amich, Green Roof Specialist, Sempergreen, Spain
- Uwe Harzmann, Managing Director, Optigruen
- Luigi Petito, Head of EU Chapter, World Green Infrastructure Network (WGIN)